Saturday, April 24, 2010

truffle popcorn

I have great news! My cleanse is finally over. I'll have you know that it ended with plates of sushi and all the appropriate accompaniments. And it was lovely.

In that same vein, I've been reacquainting myself with many other foods and beverages. Last night was no exception. After a few bottles of yummy red wine, it was time for snacks. Enter popcorn. Not just any popcorn. Truffle popcorn. 

Truffle popcorn can made a few different ways depending on what you have on hand at home. Last night I used truffle oil because I was at a friend's house. But typically, when I'm home, I make it with truffle salt. While the two have almost the same flavor, I think the salt is a little easier to distribute over the popcorn so that each bite is packed with tons of flavor. Plus, the salt gives you an excuse to add melted butter. Enjoy!

truffle popcorn
makes one large bowl 
(or a few little ones)

4 cups unsalted popped popcorn
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1-2 teaspoons good quality truffle salt
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)

Add melted butter to popped popcorn slowly, stirring to distribute. Add truffle salt in portions, to taste. Finish wish parmesan cheese if using. Stir well to combine all ingredients. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment