Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pick of the Month: The Spoonula

I've decided that along with recipes, I'd like to share with you some of my kitchen favorites; both those that I have and use and those that are on my wish list. It's the last day of January (I know. I can't believe it either!) and my first pick of the year is the spoonula. And no. I did not just make up that word or the utensil.

The spoonula is a cross between a spoon and spatula as the name sort of suggests. I received mine a few Christmases back from my brother who thought he gave me the most boring present. Little does he know, I have been in love with the silicone spoonula and spatula set ever since. The set I have is from Williams-Sonoma and can be ordered online. They retail between $10 and $15 and are also available in most kitchen stores. If you can find them in silicone, I highly recommend it. The silicone is virtually stainless, won't crack or split and can withstand heat up to 800 degrees; perfect if you live with someone who likes to "rest" utensils on hot skillets while they're cooking. The curved sides are great for scraping up every last bit of your hard work. Honestly, I think I use mine almost every time I cook. Try one out and let me know what you think! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. my mom has these from w-s and i covet them! i think they make them in colors to match the pretty kitchenaid mixers, too! terrific pick! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe these are best used for eating brownie mix off of.

    ReplyDelete