Saturday, October 22, 2011

perfectly poached eggs

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I LOVE eggs....in all forms and renderings. I've recently decided that, when it comes to breakfast, I think all eggs should be poached. No matter what you pair them with, and later drench in delicious yellow yolk, the end result is always amazing. And poached eggs, though seemingly scary, are actually easier to conquer than you think. I am purposefully using the word conquer here because it will take a few tries to get perfectly poached eggs. Don't get discouraged. Once you've got it, it's kind of like riding a bike. I should know. I've had them for breakfast pretty much every day this week!

The secret I learned this week led to the most perfect eggs I've ever poached. Rather than re-hash instructions someone else has so eloquently written, I'll let you go straight to the source: Smitten Kitchen. Follow the instructions step by step and I promise you'll be a pro too. The trick that changed everything for me was stirring the water before dropping the egg in. It's amazing. Oh. And I am pro-vinegar in case you're wondering. Good luck and enjoy! -jz

1 comment:

  1. Your eggs look beautiful! You're inspiring me to try poaching...

    In my opinion, another excellent way to have eggs is on the top of a croque madame. :-)

    ReplyDelete